Wednesday 24 October 2018

A New Start

It is strange to think how much time passes and how long it can take for things to come together. Writing can take a long time, with very little reward, but it's important that you can not only tell a story but enjoy writing it.
I wrote a story once before, but I ultimately wasn't happy with it, mainly because I was writing a sci-fi military epic with no real knowledge of tactics or how the military ultimately works. I did research, sure, but it's not my place to tell such stories I feel.
So I began anew with something more Fantasy. It will develop into a fusion of genres, but it is more grounded in the people, not in the setting.

Still, the setting is incredibly important, so much so that I built a world despite only seeing a small corner of it.
Not the greatest map, but it was more to give me an idea of what this fantasy world looked like from a planetary standpoint because I wanted the world of Albarth to be more than just some realm but an actual planet.

In the next post, I will show the cover and the Prologue of my story which can be found here:
amazon.com
amazon.co.uk
It can also be found at any amazon site, simply type in the url plus "/dp/B07JDK7N61" at the end without quotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment